i know that one day you are going to ask me, how do i know if “he’s the one?” this is a question that we have all asked, or will ask at some point in our lives. for some reason, i have been thinking about this lately. maybe because i have read the twilight books recently or i have been pondering my children growing up but, it has been on my mind. this is probably going to take me a long time to write but here it goes.............
when i was in high school and college i was a crazy romantic. i really think i was looking for something that wasn’t there. a mythical figure that would bring me kissing in the rain, surprise letters on my car and of course the star crossed romance that would never work out unless....i could work my magic. but when it came to reality, i don’t have any magic to wield. there have been times in my life that i kissed someone just because at the time, i knew that if i didn’t, i would regret it for the rest of my life. i wanted the feeling that i felt when i watched pride & prejudice or sleepless in seattle but as i get older, no matter how much i want bella to be with edward, i realize that edward is not who i would choose in real life (twilight reference.)
i have had edwards in my life but in the end, it just wasn’t enough! i think the older you get the more you will realize that all of that stuff is important (and fun) but it doesn’t make up for the lack of a testimony of the savior. it is ok to desire those things but more importantly you should be looking for someone who honors his priesthood, someone who has served a mission and most of all, someone who loves the gospel. if he loves the gospel, most likely, everything else will be there.
when i met your father, we were friends for a long time. i had never dated someone that i was friends with first. i just didn’t think that i could do something like that. it didn’t seem romantic enough for me (silly as that might sound.) he was a great guy that i enjoyed spending time with but how can you be romantic with a friend. well it turns out you can and it was something i had never felt before. it was like coming home. i had never been so comfortable with anyone else. there was no pretense behind anything he did. he was my best friend and we could do anything together and i wasn’t to shy to be myself. he saw who i was and i saw who he was. that is not to say that there wasn’t any, as i like to call it, movie romance, but that wasn’t the most exciting part. he loved the savior, served a mission and was a faithful priesthood holder. HE LOVED THE GOSPEL.
you are a beautiful girl who loves her heavenly father and even though you are only four right now i can see that you are going to always feel this way. i hope that this will be helpful to you when you are old enough to have this question. i love you and HOPE that you will choose someone that is worthy of all that you have to give. thank you for being my daughter baby belle.
love mommy

9 comments:
Very sweet Jana. Now can we make sure our girls GET IT! Thats why we have romance novels, so we can read about girls doing what our romantic side wants. Edward is the only one for Bella in the book but if London brought him home I'd kill her myself!
my thoughts exactly
Are you a Jacob Fan?! Cuz cmon He is a WEREWOLF. And in my book thats no better then a vampire. Ok I nerded off sorry. But wouldnt you be a little happy if she brought home Edward? TEE-HEE
no way i am a total edward fan. i am just saying that in real life i wouldn't want lily to take either. i think inside i would be a little proud of her for hooking such a hot guy but, in the end i would want her to choose someone a little more beautiful in heavenly fathers eyes. wow i am looking way into this. and you were saying nerd?
Yes a nerd! I love the way you think way into things. How else could we figure it all out. I have been having these days too! I don't want them to grow up just quite yet. I caught one of those Edward hotties once. Thank goodness I figured it out and ended up with my wonderful hubby.
O' all of this Edward/Jacob talk. How is it that I love you so much.... nerd.
Just kidding. This was pretty cute.
loved this post banana! lilly belle is so lucky to have you as a mommy. FYI, I'm an Edward fan too. But, I'd drop kick my hypothetical kid if she brought him home:) Been there, done that:)
so I have to say that I think Edward CAN be that guy that we want our daughter to marry. And I havn't finished the last book--so maybe I am way off on this one. BUT, I know my hubby reminds me of Edward because he is so rebellious in so many ways--but he also loves the Lord and somehow, it works:)
Fantastic letter to your little girl. Good job, Jana!
sheesh--I logged in as my wrong blogger name--the previous post was me--Carrie.
Post a Comment