September 4, 2008

breakfast

well today i was telling my children how they couldn't have ice cream for breakfast when i realized that i hadn't eaten anything except for the hersheys symphony bar that i was sneaking when they weren't looking. i guess i feel like if they can't see me then it's not a big deal.

is breakfast hard for anyone else to eat? for some reason, i have the hardest time eating in the morning. i can't eat when the kids do and if i wait, they are constantly asking for a bite (which drives me crazy.) by the time i feel comfortable to eat, it is lunch time and i eat a good amount of lunch and dinner. i know that breakfast is supposed to be the most important time to eat so does anyone have any suggestions? please help me!

6 comments:

rowdystroudy said...

oooh--good one! I don't like breakfast either. So, this is what I have started doing. I pre-cut veggies for the night before and then make a quick omelet in the morning, or one morning make a big batch of blueberry pancakes and then freeze them individually in bags so they are quick in the microwave. If it's super easy, I can force myself to do it. It is super important to get the veggies and protein, so a quick swig of v8 and some cottage cheese and yogurt mixed work great too:)

Jillyboo said...

Sometimes all I will eat is a protein bar. They have these amazing bars that we got at Costco, they're super yummy and keep me full for hours.
Other days I sit at the table with the kids and dive into my cold cereal.... how exciting!!!!

Erin said...

I Love breakfast. I eat cereal for dinner sometimes. Of course I usually end up getting breakfast for myself at 10am. But I struggle with lunch, it's right in the middle of the day and such a hassle. I wish my kids didn't need it either. good luck!

Kim said...

I eat with the kids. I set them up and pull out the paper/mag, diet coke (they even see this unhealthy vice) and my 3-4 point breakfast and eat away. I guess I've just always done this so we're used to it. Actually this is what I do on the days I'm not on the phone with you.

julie said...

jana, I can totally relate. breakfast is my most unfavorite meal. it's funny that you were sneaking a chocolate bar for breakfast, as i had a white mint chocolate chip shake this morning! totally hid it from the kids.

for me, i just had to find something i liked. I get the kids cereal, and then make myself a Carnation instant breakfast shake (rich chocolate flavor and add ice/banana). this has gotten me excited about breakfast again and we usually eat together now.

Kim Harvey said...

Slim Fast shake. Chocolate Royale. The best breakfast on the market!